Fat Cat Plankton

Nonsense in extensia

Friday, September 03, 2004

I Love the 90s, But Not As Much As Andrew Unterberger

Over at ILM they're cookin' up a Best of the 90s poll to complement last month's highly-contentious Best of the 00s (first half) scuttlebutt. I'm not sure if I was in New Orleans or my parents were visiting, but I missed voting in the 00s poll, so here's my list for posterity:

01 Radiohead – Kid A (not ashamed to admit it like 75% of the folks who voted for it on ILM)
02 Ted Leo and the Pharmacists – Hearts of Oak
03 Drive-By Truckers – Southern Rock Opera
04 The Strokes – Is This It (inexplicably not nominated?!)
05 Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP
06 Outkast – Stankonia (see #4, unless it just didn't get enough votes)
07 Sigur Ros – Agaetis Byrjun (I'm callin' this 2000)
08 Sleater-Kinney – One Beat
09 Fiery Furnaces – Blueberry Boat
10 Fiery Furnaces – Gallowsbird’s Bark
11 Ted Leo and the Pharmacists – The Tyranny of Distance (I coulda pushed this one into the top 100)
12 Ghostface – The Pretty Toney Album
13 Radiohead – Hail to the Thief
14 The Notwist – Neon Golden
15 Dizzee Rascal - Showtime

Just for the fuck of it, here's my list if I could only select one album from each of the artists:

01 Radiohead – Kid A
02 Ted Leo and the Pharmacists – Hearts of Oak
03 Drive-By Truckers – Southern Rock Opera
04 The Strokes – Is This It
05 Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP
06 Outkast – Stankonia
07 Sigur Ros – Agaetis Byrjun
08 Sleater-Kinney – One Beat
09 Fiery Furnaces – Blueberry Boat
10 Ghostface – The Pretty Toney Album
11 The Notwist – Neon Golden
12 Dizzee Rascal – Showtime
13 Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Fever to Tell
14 Loretta Lynn – Van Lear Rose
15 White Stripes – White Blood Cells

And now for the real excitement, here's what I'm probably gonna vote for when the 90s poll rolls around (the order will undoubtedly change though):

01 Radiohead – OK Computer
02 Pulp – Different Class
03 Bjork – Homogenic
04 Nirvana – In Utero
05 Nirvana – Nevermind
06 Hole – Live Through This
07 DJ Shadow - Entroducing
08 PJ Harvey – To Bring You My Love
09 Notorious B.I.G. – Ready to Die
10 Nas – Illmatic
11 Beck – Odelay
12 Liz Phair – Exile in Guyville
13 Whiskeytown – Faithless Street
14 Wu-Tang Clan – Enter the 36 Chambers
15 REM – New Adventures in Hi-Fi

Apologies to:

Stereolab – Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Radiohead – The Bends
Sleater-Kinney – Dig Me Out
Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Ben Folds Five – Whatever and Ever Amen
Dr. Dre – The Chronic
Portishead – Dummy

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home